Beauty starts from the inside
But if you want that extra boost for your skin, you need foods that are dense in nutrients and contain things like zinc and selenium.
- Dark berries like raspberries and blueberries, which are packed with skin clearing antioxidants and fibre.
- Watercress - They’re selling this gorgeous flavoursome green at the veggie market now and it’s great to use in salads.
- Avocado, which reduces inflammation and is a beautiful healthy fat.
- Salmon - full of your omega 3 and helps speed up the skin’s healing process.
- Almonds - a great snack and full of zinc and selenium.
- Tomatoes - full of vitamin c and keep your skin firm and taut.
- Garlic - we all know this is a great one for killing bacteria, so it does wonders for your skin by killing the bad bacteria that can cause breakouts.
- Kale - well, kale is just one of those superfoods isn’t it? So full of nutritents.
- Eggs - a complete protein and full of zinc and selenium.
- Peppermint - I love a cup of peppermint tea for its healing, calming properties.